Assoc. Prof, MD, Gynaecologic Oncologic Surgery
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, USA. July 2018- Present
International Gynecologic Oncology Fellow at Department of Surgery.
• Experience with debulking procedures of primary and recurrent tumors.
• Worked in the largest and busiest gynecologic oncology program in USA.
• Had experience with endoscopic surgery including robotic and conventional laparoscopy
• Had research experience Etlik Zubeyde Hanim Maternity Hospital Ankara, Turkey
Consultant Gynecologic Oncologist 01 AUGUST 2020 DERMAN BASARAN, MD. 2th November 2014- June 2018
• Active participation of gynecological cancer patients including surgery, chemotherapy unit and colposcopy unit
• Supervised generalists during calls and attended emergent surgeries including obstetric catastrophes.
• Active participation in training of ob/gyn residents and gynecologic oncology fellows in the hospital.
10/2000 - 06/2006: Hacettepe University, School of Medicine (English), Ankara, TURKEY.
11/2006 - 06/2011: Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine Hacettepe University, Ankara, TURKEY.
09/2011 - 11/2014: Gynecologic Oncology fellowship at Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine Hacettepe University, Ankara, TURKEY.
07/2018 – 07/2020: International Gynecologic Oncology Fellow at Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York, USA.
- ESGO-EBCOG European Gynaecologic Oncologist Individual Accreditation. April 2015.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (Certificate #:0-712-627-9), August 2016.
-Oral presentation award in the 2013 7 Th Hellenic and 3 rd Turkish Joint Congress on Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (Histological follow-up of 80 patients with atypical glandular cells on pap 01 AUGUST 2020
DERMAN BASARAN, MD. 3 smears). 7 Th Hellenic and 3 rd Turkish Joint Congress on Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Abstract Book, page 23 (2013). Athens, GREECE
• History of medicine
• Surgical video recording and editing.