Mustafa Faruk Usta
Prof, MD, Urology
Dr. Mustafa Faruk Usta was born on 30.08.1968 in Rize. Having completed his primary education in Duisburg, Germany and Karabük, Dr. Master graduated from Sakarya Atatürk High School in 1986. In the same year, he started his higher education at Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine. Master graduated in 1992 and started his medical specialization training in the Urology Department of the same faculty in October 1992. Participating in clinical studies, especially in the field of Andrology, during his assistantship, Dr. Expert; He worked at the Urology Clinic of Heidelberg University in Germany for a while. After completing his residency training in 1997, Dr. After working as a Urology Specialist in the Urology Clinic of Istanbul Kartal Training and Research Hospital for a while; He completed his military service at Malatya Military Hospital between 1998-1999.
In 2000, he started to work as a lecturer at Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology. In 2001, especially to conduct research on "Therapeutic Alternatives in Diabetic Erectile Dysfunction"; He worked as a "Research Fellow" for 2 years in the U.S. Tulane University Department of Urology, Andrology Section. He has nearly 150 articles and book chapters published in national and international journals. He is a member of ISSM (International Society for Sexual Medicine), ESSM (European Society for Sexual Medicine), AUA (American Urological Association), EAU (European Association of Urology), Turkish Urology Association and Turkish Andrology Association. He is fluent in English and German.
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS WON
1. 2002 - 2003 SMS/Bayer Fellowship Grant
"Moleculer Aspects of Diabetic Associated Erectile Dysfunction : Influence of Gene Transfer of Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase"
Usta MF (Research Fellow in Andrology )
Tulane University, School of Medicine, Department of Urology , Section of Andrology, New Orleans, LA 70112, US
2. Jean Francois Finestie Prize; Best paper on Basic Science of Sexual Medicine ISSIR 2002, Montreal, CANADA
Bivalacqua TJ, Usta M, Matern R, Champion HC, Hellstom WJG
Potentiation of erectile response with the combination of endothelial NOS gene therapy and sildenafil in streptozotocin diabetic rats.
3. Prize for the best presentation on MSD (preclinical), ESSIR 2002, Hamburg, GERMANY
Bivalacqua TJ, Usta MF, Matern RV, Sanabria J,Champion HC, Hellstom WJG
Gene transfer of endothelial nitric oxide synthase partially restores NO synthesis and erectile function in streptozotocin diabetic rats.
4. American Society of Andrology 2003 "The New Investigator Award" ASA Annual Meeting 2003, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A
Usta MF, Bivalacqua TJ, Yang DY, Ramanitharan A, Sell DR, Viswanathan A, Champion HC, Hellstom WJG: The protective effect of aminoguanidine on erectile function in streptozotocin-diabetic rats.
5. American Society of Andrology 2003 "The 2003 Thomas SK Chang Traniee Award", ASA Annual Meeting 2003, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A
6. 15th Annual Tulane Health Sciences Research Days 2003,"Dean of School of Medicine Award for Excellence in Research", New Orleans, Lousiana, U.S.A
7. Prize for the best presentation on MSD (preclinical), ESSIR 2003, Istanbul, TURKEY,
Prize for the best presentation on MSD (preclinical), SMS 2003, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A
Usta MF, Bivalacqua TJ, Pradhan L, Alvarez X, Kadowitz PJ, HellstomChampion HC, Hellstom WJG: Superoxide anion production in the rat penis impairs erectile function in diabetes: influence of in vivo extracellular superoxide dismutase gene therapy.
8. 2004 AUA/Yamanouchi Best Abstract Prize in the category of Impotance, San Francisco, California, U.S.A
Bivalacqua TJ, Usta MF, , Champion HC, Cellek S, Mills TM, Lewis RW, Hellstom WJG: RhoA/Rho kinase suppresses endothelial nitric oxide synthase in the penis: novel mechanism for diabetic-associated erectile dysfuction
9. 2006 Basic Science Abstract Award, Sexual Medicine Society of North America, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A
Usta MF, , Gurbuz N, Sagdic N, Sanli A, Gurkan R, Baykal A: Therapeutic effect of combination of alagebrium and sildenafil on erectile function in diatebic rats
10. The ESSM 2014 Award for the best Surgical Presentation, Istanbul, TURKEY
Usta MF, , Akin Y, Kol A: The Feasibility of theree-piece inflatable penile prosthesis implantation in patients who underwent radical pelvic surgery