1. How long does gastric sleeve surgery take?
The average duration of stomach reduction surgery is 1.5 hours.
2. How many days will you spend at the hospital after sleeve gastrectomy?
After the surgery, patients stay under observation in the hospital for 1-3 days, after which they can return to their homes.
3. When will the stitches heal after sleeve gastrectomy?
Since sleeve gastrectomy is a surgical procedure performed with laparoscopy, small incisions made during the operation will be completely healed in a week and your return to routine will be as early as possible.
4. How much should i weight for stomach surgery?
People who are extremely obese (BMI> 40 kg/m²) and who have a BMI of 35-40 and suffer from hypertension, sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes, etc. are suitable for the surgery.
5. When can sexual life begin after sleeve gastrectomy?
Patients are advised to wait until they become physically and psychologically stable in order to engage in sexual activity after gastric sleeve surgery. Generally, sexual intercourse can be established 3-4 weeks after stomach reduction surgery. However, it is useful to get the opinions of experts on time.
6. How many days after stomach surgery can I go to work?
You are discharged on the 3rd or 4th day after surgery. After 2 weeks you can start walking and working at a desk job. Work that requires physical strength should start after a month.
7. Will the stomach return to its original state after sleeve gastrectomy surgery?
After gastric sleeve surgery, your stomach can and will expand. Human stomach is a very flexible organ with an incredible ability to expand as a result of food intake. Stomach walls are normally made of folded tissue.
8. Is it possible to regain weight after gastric sleeve surgery?
If the stomach is left wider than it should be during the surgery, the desired weight cannot be achieved even though there is weight loss after the surgery. As a result, weight gain begins again. If the surgery has been performed successfully, weight gain in the next period depends on the patient.
9. What are the prohibitions after gastric sleeve surgery?
Acidic and carbonated drinks should not be consumed. Alcohol should not be used. Very cold or very hot drinks and foods should be avoided. Very spicy and spicy foods should not be preferred.
10. Can you consume fruits after gastric sleeve surgery?
Orange, tangerine and grapefruit should not be consumed in the first 2 months, as they may get stuck in reduced stomach. Other than that, all fruits should be consumed as juice for the first 10 days, puree after the 10th day and on their own after the first month.